Amber Valley Construction’s talented, experienced, and client-centered design team plays a large part in the success of your project. Our designers work with you in a one-on-one capacity to help you express your unique personality in a space that also meets your functional needs:
Design ApproachAmber Valley brings the best of the best to the table to ensure a positive result for your project. Because we have professionals from varied backgrounds, you can be confident that the best approach will be taken with your design and remodel. We consider both structural and space design to bring the whole picture together for our clients. Because we are able to seamlessly coordinate each creative step – taking care of both appearance and function - you don’t have to stress in regard to your whole project coming together in a way that as beautiful as you imagined it could be. Let our team inspire you along your journey to loving your home!
Structural DesignLoad bearing walls, roof design, landscapes, and even neighborhood aesthetics: Amber Valley measures your home and examines the existing conditions and surrounding areas. We want the structural components to work with your vision for your home. As part of our planning and design process, structural plans are then prepared for permitting.
Personal ShopperIt can be a daunting task to stand in the middle of a granite showroom, kitchen showroom, plumbing showroom, lighting showroom, tile showroom, etc. and wonder if what you just selected will coordinate with the cabinetry and flooring you want. Amber Valley’s designers work with you as personal shoppers to guide you through the vast selection of materials. Potentially hundreds of decisions need to be made for your project. Our designers make the shopping experience enjoyable by helping you choose high quality coordinated materials that will beautifully enhance your home
Planning and CommunicationOne of the things that makes Amber Valley different than most builders or remodelers is that we take our time on the front end of your project to nail down all of your selections. This ensures that we can eliminate as many delays as possible during course of the project. Few things are more stressful for clients during a remodel than having to be rushed in a decision or selection because time is of the essence.
Lots of companies and individuals can frame, install siding, roofing, tile, faucets, etc. But when it comes to building your project, will it be built to last? Will they have a “looks good from my house” mentality? At Amber Valley we are committed to providing you with all the tools they need while you are working through the design build process to make the right decision for your project. Here are some helpful guidelines for selecting a contractor:
1. LicenseIn the State of Michigan, persons doing work on your home must be licensed by the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) You can review a company’s license status and past history by going to the LARA website. You should avoid hiring a contractor with a mark against his license.
2. ReviewsWith the advent of Google Maps and various social media platforms, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) serves a different roll than it did in the pre-internet era, but still serves the public in helping to establish how reputable a company can be. Just because a company has an A+ rating with the BBB does not mean you will have a great experience. However, you can review a company’s performance and how any issues were resolved at the BBB Website. If there is a history of numerous issues, this may indicate how the company conducts business.
3. ReferencesAsk for references that include past and current clients, particularly those with projects similar in scope and size to yours. Speak with current clients. Past work is important, but today’s work is what you will be experiencing.
4. InsuranceDoes the contractor have the right kind and enough insurance? Beyond a general liability policy with limits greater than the value of your property, make sure the contractor has worker’s compensation insurance and commercial auto insurance. Don’t risk hiring an uninsured contractor whose employee could be injured working on your home.
5. Trust Your GutWhen meeting with different contractors, trust your instincts. Are they listening to your wants and needs? Do they follow up and follow through? Are they responsive to your calls and questions? Depending on the size of your project, you may be living you’re your contractor for months on end. Does that scare you or could you see things working out for the days, weeks, or months necessary to complete your project? At Amber Valley Construction, we have a process that addresses our client's fears so they can enjoy their home improvement.
When you are looking to update, add value to, or simply love your home more here in West Michigan, sometimes it is hard to know where to begin. You have your main pressure point with your home, but there is always more to do. Inside?Outside? Upside or downside? You could start with a Kitchen Update or Bathroom Remodel or you could refresh the exterior of your home with new roofing, siding, or windows. Both our kitchens and bathrooms suffer the wear and tear of repeated, daily use. However, because there are so many different floor plans, and so many different lifestyles, your current setup may not be meeting your needs.
Where are you headed?
There are some quick and easy things that can be done to add immediate satisfaction where you live: Updating your fixtures, appliances, and accessories can make an immediate impact on every space in your home.
Often, though, we need to go deeper in order to get things to where they need to go. If we are doing some surface updates or taking things all the way to the structure and gutting down to studs, Amber Valley has the remodeling experience to accomplish your unique goals
Could you expand your living space into your attic? Do you have an unfinished or partially finished basement that would expand functionality? By adding square footage to your home, not only do you add value, but you also get more out of where you live. At Amber Valley, our team of professional remodelers, designers at project managers is both creative and innovative when it comes to your home and making the most out of your space so that you really do love your home.
Often, our clients have some idea of what they want, or at least where their pressure points are at in their home, but don’t know where to go from there. That is where our team goes to work for you! From start to finish, we are here to help. Amber Valley Construction’s team of remodelers right here in Grand Rapids is committed to finding solutions for our clients that improve or enhance their quality of life through their home. We listen to you and all of your concerns to help you create a plan that works with your home and with your budget.
We shoot straight and will not lowball you early on to get you to sign with us only to surprise you with large change orders later on in the process. The average remodeling project has cost overruns by around 25%. Our proprietary process minimizes cost overages (we are 80% better than the average!) to help you stay on budget through the entire project.
How do I go about a Remodel?
1. Where do we start?Start where the most pain is. Where is the most pressure, congestion, or just “blah” in your home? We will listen to all of these concerns as we look to build a plan around your specific needs. Don’t worry about where to start! We will help you prioritize and plan in a way that makes since for you and your budget!
2. A functional space?Whatever room you are remodeling in your home, there are several items to consider in making sure it is the most functional space possible for you. What will you be putting in the room? What kind of traffic should the area expect? Is there enough room for an island in the kitchen? Is there enough room for dual sinks in the bathroom? Although you might have a dream kitchen, new mudroom or bathroom you are inspired by, the space that you have to develop that remodeling project may be limited. Make sure that you consider the size of the area you have while putting together plans for your remodeling project.
3. What are you prepared to spend?Often, it is your budget that is the determining factor for your remodeling project. Construction costs are up. How far can our dollars go? We ask our clients “What are you prepared to spend? It does not matter to us if your budget is $5,000, $50,000, or $500,000, our goal is to maximize what you what you can get within your “prepared to spend” number. We will work hard to get you as much as possible out of your hard-earned dollars. Everyone wants to splurge on something. We work along side you during the entire project development phase to make sure that we aren’t breaking budget.
Amber Valley Construction is committed to remodeling in a way that creates life-long customers through great customer experiences. We love thinking outside the box in order to bring your vision to reality. From start to finish we will be there to help you Love Your Home!